Study in Australia
Australia is a dream destination for students as the country is home to one of the best education systems in the world. The favorable policies offered by the Australian government make it even more lucrative for people who looking for world class education.
• Streamlined visa processes
• World class education system
• You can apply for two or more courses on one student visa (Subclass 500)
• 40 hours of work per fortnight allowed during course session
• Unlimited hours of work allowed when course is not in session
• Medical and hospital insurance covered under Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)
Types of Student Visas
The most popular student visa categories for Australia are:
• Student Visa (Sub class 500)
• Student Guardian Visa 590
• Training Visa (Sub Class 407)
• Temporary Graduate Visa (Sub Class 485)
Streamlined Student Visa Processing
Student documents are processed by the education provider, and not the Department of Immigration, if you apply under Streamlined Student Visa Processing. However, there is an eligibility criterion in order to apply under this, which is:
• Advanced Diploma
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Master’s Degree
• Doctoral Degree
• Non-award university exchange program
• Non-award study abroad program
In fact, the process has been further simplified since July 2016. According the new process:
• International students must apple a single visa (Sub class 500) irrespective of the course of study chosen
• The guardians accompanying the student need to apply for Student Guardian Visa (Sub class 590)
• All the immigration students will fall under a single immigration framework
• Students as well as the guardians will lodge the visa application online via creating their account on ImmiAccount.
Benefits of Australia Study Visa :
Scholarships: Australia attracts foreign students by offering more scholarship opportunities compared to U.S. and UK.
Work Opportunities: Students can work for 20 hours per week in grocery stores, food and beverage services.
Job Opportunities: Australia offers more job facilities in a wide range of disciplines than U.S and UK.
Study Anything: Australia has over 40 universities offering thousands of possible course combinations. You can take courses related to your major and widen your study horizons by taking classes that you may not be able to attend in your home university.